Tan Sri Datuk Eddy Chen aged 68, holds a Bachelor of Business Studies (Marketing) from Monash University, Australia. Serving as the Group Managing Director of MKH Berhad (“MKH”) and a member of the Group’s Board of Directors, he has full responsibility for executing the strategic direction and ongoing operations for the Group. Under his careful stewardship and wise leadership, MKH has evolved from a small-town property developer in Kajang into one of the Top 12th property players in Malaysia; forged with a strong business foundation through successful diversification.
With 38 years’ of experience in property development and construction-related businesses, he has long played a leading role in advocating the growth and advancement of the industry, and is well-recognised as one of the influential key opinion leaders to date. Prominently involved in the redevelopment of Kajang, he had also effectively steered the housing industry through the Asian Financial Crisis by the implementation of home ownership campaigns during his tenure as President of REHDA (1998-2002).
In addition to his business leadership, Tan Sri Datuk Eddy Chen presently serves as the Patron of Real Estate and Housing Developers’ Association (REHDA) of Malaysia, and also the currently Trustee of REHDA Institute, as well as the Board of Advisors for Malaysia Shopping Malls Association (2018-2022).
He is also an active committee member in various government as well as private sector organizations that formulate policies governing the housing and real estate industry; holding current positions as the Advisory Council Member of Construction Labour Exchange Centre Berhad, committee member of CIDB’s Pemandu Pembangunan Pelan Induk Industri Pembinaan II for the term 2016 – 2020, and member of PEMUDAH Special Task Force on Kuala Lumpur City Hall. An advocate of healthy living, he is also the President of the Race Walkers’ Association of Malaysia and serves as the Captain of Royal Selangor Golf Club (RSGC) for the term 2020-2022.
Tan Sri Datuk Eddy Chen was the recipient of:
• The Edge Malaysia Outstanding Property CEO Award 2018
• The REHDA Personality Award 2013
• The CIDB’s Malaysian Construction Industry Excellence Awards (MCIEA) CEO of the Year Award 2015
• One of Malaysia’s Top 30 Green Catalysts by GreenTech Malaysia at the Green Tech Awards 2014.
Along with his string of industry recognised awards and achievements, Tan Sri Datuk Eddy Chen was also:-
• Former Chairman of Perbadanan PR1MA Malaysia under Act 739 (2018 – 2020)
• President of Building Management Association of Malaysia (2022-2024)
• Past President of the Building Management Association of Malaysia (2014-2018)
• National Council of REHDA Malaysia (1996-2020)
• Past Chairman of Construction, Property & Infrastructure Committee in the Association Chinese Chambers of Commerce and Industry of Malaysia
• Honorary Treasurer of the Malaysia Crime Prevention Foundation
• Industry Advisor for Master of Business Administration (Building Management) Programme, UTAR (2015 – 2022), and
• Past President of ASEAN Association for Planning & Housing