“Real Estate and Property Development Business:
Understanding the potential of Crowdfunding for Real Estate, how can the industry ride on regulated debt & equity Crowdfunding under FinTech agenda of Bank Negara?
3 out of 6 companies licensed by the Securities Commission of Malaysia for Crowdfunding will be speaking at this REHDA Institute event.
News about Crowdfunding in the mainstream news in the last 6 months include:
Article in The Star (20 February 2016)
written by Tan Sri Datuk Seri Andrew Sheng, Former Assistant Governor Bank Negara,
“Will Crowdfunding help startup the Economy?”
Article in The Star (25 April 2016)
“Equity crowdfunding a real option”
Article in The Star (1 July 2015)
“Malaysia first in ASEAN to have Crowdfunding laws”
The seminar will cover the following:
- Real Estate Crowdfunding: The Next Gen of Real Estate Investing.
- Financing and fund raising. How can property developers & real estate players ride on the Equity Crowd funding Wave?
- Legal and Compliance in the Application of Equity Crowd Funding to the Property Development Business.
There will be a focused discussion of the relevant issues at the Panel Discussion and Q&A titled:
Mr. Chris Tan, Founder and Managing Partner of Chur Associates
“How Can Property Developers Capitalise On Regulated Crowdfunding in Malaysia Under FinTech Agenda Of Bank Negara?”
(Seeking Investors through Crowd Funding and as an Alternative Source of Financing)
Append below is the short profile of the speakers:
1) Ms. Angelld Quah is the Founder and CEO of Alix Global as well as co-founder of FundedByMe Malaysia.
2) Mr. Bryan Chung is the COO of CrowdPlus.asia, one of the 6 SC-licensed equity crowd funding platform operators in Malaysia.
3) Mr. Sam Shafie is the CEO and Co-Founder of pitchIN. Sam is legally trained, having served as a Deputy Public Prosecutor in the Attorney-General Chambers of Malaysia.
4) Mr. Chris Tan is the Founder and Managing Partner of Chur Associates as well as actively in regulated equity crowdfunding platform
5) Invited to be confirmed: Mr. Mattias Karnell is an international sales of Maneo Inc, one of the largest social lending (loan-based crowdfunding) company in Japan.
Special live streaming presented by Mr. Mattias Karnell of Maneo KK International Company based in Japan (Live skype telecast from Japan). He will giving a short sharing session on the area of Crowd Funding. (To be confirmed)
Click the link below to download the registration form
Real Estate & Property Development Business: Understanding the potential of Crowdfunding for Real Estate, how can the industry ride on regulated debt & equity Crowdfunding under FinTech agenda of Bank Negara?