- Over the last couple of months, property developers have seen a drastic drop in property sales ever since the Movement Control Order (MCO) first came into place back in mid-March. This can be linked to the disruptions to the property transaction processes which includes deferment in new project launches, difficulties in securing and conducting property viewings, delays in the signing of the Sale and Purchase (S&P) agreements, among other issues.
- All these restrictions have weakened the property buying sentiment which may go on for quite some time until the economic situation in this country stabilizes.
- At the same time, potential buyers are a bit pessimistic about the current property market conditions and most of them are adopting a wait-and-see stance before deciding to make a purchase. As affordability will be the main concern for property buyers in this current challenging market conditions, property developers will therefore be looking to offer existing and new properties at much lower prices in order to attract potential buyers.
- This is where Big Data will play a crucial role in providing all the necessary data to ensure that property developers are well informed on what potential property buyers are actually looking for especially once the RMCO have been fully lifted and the overall buying sentiment improves.
- As such, REHDA Institute will be organizing a half-day event with industry experts to look at how property developers can move forward in boosting their property sales and ease the process of home ownership in these tough times by embracing Big Data and PropTech.
|8.00 a.m.||Registration & Coffee/Tea|
|9.00 a.m.||Welcoming Address
Representative, Board of Trustees, REHDA Institute
|9.10 a.m.||NAPIC’s Latest Key Property Transaction Data for 2019 & 2020
Speaker: Ms. Tee Siew Bee, Deputy Director (Property Market Division), National Property Information Centre (NAPIC)
|9.40 a.m.||How do you use big data to make sense of past property data transactions to quantify addressable markets through accurate buyer profiles for improved targeting and pricing strategies?
Speaker: Mr. Joe Hock Thor, CEO, MyPoperty Data
|10.10 a.m.||Morning Refreshments|
|10.30 a.m.||Part 1: Creative and effective ways developers can close sales without meeting purchasers face to face.
Speaker: Mr. Jason Gregory, Managing Director (Fastkey), PropertyGuru
Part 2: Closing sales via PropTech platforms: Is it just a gimmick or is it becoming the new norm?
Speaker: Mr. Yap Teck Fatt, Software Functional Analyst (FastKey), PropertyGuru
|11:30 p.m.||Panel Discussion with Q&A Session
Topic: Traditional developers need to engage with Big Data providers and PropTech companies to boost sales and ease the process of homeownership.
Moderator: Datuk NK Tong (Vice President, REHDA Malaysia & Group Managing Director, Bukit Kiara Properties)
· Ms. Tee Siew Bee, Deputy Director (Property Market Division), National Property Information Centre (NAPIC)
· Mr. Joe Hock Thor, CEO of MyProperty Data
· Mr. Steve Lee, Head of Customer Engagement & Retention (FastKey), PropertyGuru
|12:30 p.m.||End of Event|
RM 450.00 (3 PAX)
For more information please contact:
Mr. Pearljit Singh | 03-7803 6006
For Sponsorship Opportunities:
Mr. Khairil | 016-925 8257